Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos'. Char Siu Pork (Chinese BBQ Pork) is SO easy to make at home in the oven! The key is the Char Siu marinade that's also used as the glaze. Chinese Barbecue Pork is finger licking' good and you will be shocked how easy is it to make it at home!
All Reviews for Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork). Chinese BBQ Pork can be served as a delicious appetizer, or diced into small pieces and added to many dishes including Egg Foo Young (our Once done roasting, we simply sliced our Chinese BBQ Pork — which is a very delicious main course all on its own! Served this way (without the additional. You can have Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' using 27 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos'
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose flour unbleached.
- You need 1/2 cup of cake flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of active dry yeast.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Prepare 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt fine.
- You need 1/2 cup of water warm , around degrees F 105.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil , plus more for brushing dough.
- It’s 1 pound of roasted chicken sliced.
- You need to taste of hoisin sauce.
- It’s to taste of Sriracha sauce.
- It’s 1 of cucumber medium , thinly sliced crosswise.
- Prepare 5 – 6 of scallions , julienned or thinly sliced on a long diagonal.
- You need 1 of mango barely ripe , shredded.
- It’s 1 of Cucumber English (or Kirby) , shredded.
- It’s 1 of serrano pepper , thinly sliced.
- You need 1 cup of Napa cabbage , thinly sliced.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves.
- You need 1/4 cup of mint leaves.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of lime Juice of.
- You need pinches of salt.
- It’s 3 of green onions , thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of pork shoulders , bone in.
- You need to taste of Soy.
- You need to taste of Honey.
- It’s to taste of Garlic powder.
- Prepare to taste of Ginger powder.
This Chinese BBQ Pork, also known as Char Siu, is deliciously sweet, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and so easy to make! This Chinese Barbeque Pork is so delicious, you'd never guess that I adapted the recipe from a WeightWatchers cookbook. In this take on Chinese barbecued pork (or char siu, a favorite of Cantonese cuisine), we're using ketchup, hoisin sauce, and more to recreate the beloved sweet and savory glaze. It's all served with fluffy jasmine rice tossed with bok choy sautéed with our aromatic blend of ginger, garlic, and scallions.
Chinese BBQ Pork 'Tacos' step by step
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cake flour, yeast, sugar, and salt; add the water and oil. Using your hands, mix and then knead in the bowl until dough forms (add up to 1/4 cup more water by the tablespoonful, if necessary)..
- Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Put the dough into an oiled bowl, turning the dough to coat it with oil, then cover with a clean dishtowel and let rise at a draft-free warm room temperature, until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour..
- Meanwhile, cut out a dozen 3-inch squares of parchment paper. Punch down the dough and form it into a 3/4-inch-thick rope. Cut into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place balls on a baking sheet, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise at warm room temperature for 30 minutes..
- Pat each ball into a long oval, about 1/8 inch thick. Brush each oval with oil, then fold in half crosswise, place on a parchment square, and brush with oil. Place on a baking sheet and repeat with the remaining dough pieces. Loosely cover the buns with plastic wrap and let rise at a warm room temperature until nearly doubled in size, about 30 minutes..
- Bring a few inches of water to a simmer in a pot so that the bottom of a steamer insert sits above the water. Arrange the buns, in batches if necessary, about 1/2 inch apart, on the insert and steam over medium heat, covered, until the dough is slightly puffed and cooked through, about 10 minutes..
- Make the slaw by combining the mango, cucumber, green onions, serrano pepper, cilantro, mint, olive oil, lime juice and salt in bowl. Set aside..
- For the pork, Marinate the steaks in soy, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, and ginger powder. Grill on high heat for 5 minutes per side on the BBQ. Rest for 20 minutes then slice thinly. .
- Assemble the tacos and enjoy!!.
Our tender Keto Chinese BBQ Pork is spot on without any added sugar. This recipe has been tested on high carb lovers who were astounded when they discovered the recipe is far from the classic Red Char Sui Pork from the local Chinese restaurant. We prefer to use pork butt (also called neck or. Bulgogi BBQ Pork Tacos with Charred Tomatillo Sesame Sauce + Spring Onion Slaw, the ultimate taco! I mean, these bulgogi BBQ pork tacos with charred tomatillo sesame sauce and spring onion slaw are a mouthful, literally!