Applewood Smoked wings and turkey legs. Today we show you how to Smoke some Awesome AppleWood Smoked Turkey Legs That time of year when one might want a Turkey leg. These Applewood Smoked Chicken Wings are for people who want their BBQ wings with a hint of sweet and some mild heat. Although Carolina mustard-based BBQ sauce is traditionally served on smoked pork, it is also fantastic on chicken.
You can also try smoking the turkey with cherry or alder wood chips for more Rub oil mixture under loosened skin and over breasts and drumsticks. Tie legs together with kitchen string. When smoked turkey legs come out of the meat smoker, the feasting begins! You can cook Applewood Smoked wings and turkey legs using 12 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Applewood Smoked wings and turkey legs
- It’s 4-5 pounds of chicken wings.
- It’s 3 of turkey legs.
- You need of Garlic salt.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
- It’s of Water.
- Prepare of Frank's Red Hot.
- Prepare of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ.
- It’s of Parmesan.
- You need of Garlic Powder.
- It’s of Applewood.
- Prepare of Brown sugar.
Enjoy smoky turkey drumsticks as a snack or for great smoked turkey This applewood smoked turkey breast is rubbed with a blend of warm spices and smoked over a bed of coals and applewood. I have in my possession a smoked turkey leg, two wings, and a back and neck. What can I do with them? I also came across this article on The Nasty Bits about adding smoked meats to soups.
Applewood Smoked wings and turkey legs step by step
- Make brine for wings and turkey legs with salt and brown sugar. Use separate bowls. Chill for two hours.
- Bring smoker up to heat. 250°. Maintain 250° throughout smoking process until the end..
- After wings and turkey legs have chilled for two hours, remove from fridge, drain and pat dry.
- Dry rub salt, pepper and garlic salt on wings and turkey legs.
- Dry rub turkey legs with salt, pepper & garlic salt..
- Place wings in aluminum pan for indirect heat.
- Place wings in smoker and turkey legs on opposite side from heat.
- After one hour, flip wings and turkey legs.
- Flip turkey legs after one hour.
- Smoke for one more hour. Keep heat at 250°.
- On the third hour of smoking, stir up wings and drain off any excess liquid. Keep in pan. Flip legs.
- Hour four, remove wings from pan and finish wings on grill in smoker.
- The last 30 minutes of smoking, raise heat to 350°-400°. Temp of wing and turkey legs should be at least 180°.
- Remove from smoker, Sauce wings with Frank's Red Hot, BBQ & Garlic/Parmesan. Leave at least 8-10 wings plain…or not. Lol..
- Eat and be fat and happy.
- I almost forgot about the turkey legs. Eat those to, share with friends and family..
I would love to, but was thinking to instead make smoky tukey rstock out of my back/neck and adding a. Optional: Wood chips for smoking and pan to soak the chips. The first thing you have to do to prep your grill for roasting is to remove the upper rack from the cover. Timing how long to cook it is based upon the size of the bird. Applewood Smoked Turkey Breast recipe: A great alternative if you don't want to cook a whole turkey.