Sweet & sticky wings with classic slaw. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest. The Sweet were also a force to be reckoned with in pure rock music terms too. Their best known line-up consisted of lead vocalist Brian Connolly, bass player Steve Priest, guitarist Andy Scott, and drummer.
Among its members were Mick Tucker. You can cook Sweet & sticky wings with classic slaw using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet & sticky wings with classic slaw
- You need 1 kg of chicken wings, tip the top off and cut in a half.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of white sesame seeds, toasted.
- You need 1 of spring onion, thinly sliced for garnish.
- You need of For the marinated :.
- It’s 4 tbsp of ketchup.
- It’s 4 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Chinese cooking wine (optional).
- You need of For the coleslaw :.
- You need 1 of small cabbage, shredded.
- You need 3 of large carrots, grated.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 10 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic salt.
Sweet & sticky wings with classic slaw step by step
- Heat oven 180 C. In a large bowl, mix the marinated ingredients and add the wings. Toss to combine so that they are all coated. Transfer to a large roasting tray and roast for 35 – 40 mins until cooked through and golden. Set aside the remaining marinated ingredients..
- Meanwhile, make the slaw. Mix the vegetables with mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, rice wine vinegar and garlic salt. Transfer to a serving bowl and set a side..
- Once the wings are cooked, put aside. Place the remaining marinated ingredients into a saucepan. Add 1 tbsp oil and bring to a steady simmer over a medium heat..
- Add the wings in mixing bowl and add the sauce and sesame seeds. Toss to coat completely. Pile the wings onto a platter and sprinkle with spring onion..
- Serve with rice or chips and let everyone dig in and help themselves..