Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Fragrant Rice. To make the peanut sauce, whisk together peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, chili garlic sauce and ginger in a small bowl. Everything about this was perfect, delicious chicken skewers with a beyond wonderful peanut sauce. We can't wait to make it again.
Chicken Satés with Spicy Peanut Sauce. Perfectly spiced chicken skewers soaked in a coconut milk & peanut butter marinade, then grilled and served with a delicious peanut butter dipping sauce. Remove from grill and garnish with sliced green onions and peanuts. You can have Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Fragrant Rice using 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Fragrant Rice
- It’s 4 of chicken breasts, skinned or unskinned.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1-2 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated.
- You need 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ground coriander.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- It’s dash of tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need of Peanut sauce:.
- It’s 4 tbsp of crunchy peanut butter.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar, I used Demerara for extra crunch.
- Prepare 1-2 pinches of cayenne pepper.
- It’s of Fragrant rice:.
- Prepare 200 ml of basmati rice, rinsed then soaked in water for 30 minutes.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of celery seeds.
- It’s 2 tsp of sesame seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sultanas or raisins.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 of carrot, grated.
Serve with the reserved satay sauce and a cucumber salad. For the peanut sauce: Heat oil in a heavy medium pan over medium heat. Serve with warm peanut sauce and sambal kecap. These Thai Peanut Chicken Skewers are easy to make and much healthier than getting takeout!
Chicken Skewers with Spicy Peanut Sauce and Fragrant Rice instructions
- Add the grated ginger and garlic, soy sauce, turmeric, coriander, cayenne pepper and honey in a bowl. Mix..
- Cut the chicken into chunks and add to the bowl. Stir gently to coat all the chicken in the marinade..
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and leave for as long as you've got before cooking..
- Make the peanut sauce by mixing all the ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and set aside. Rinse and soak the rice for 30 minutes..
- Preheat the grill to high, thread the chicken on to the skewers..
- To cook the rice, heat some oil in pan and add the celery seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric, cinnamon stick and raisins, stir for a few seconds then add the grated carrot..
- Add the soaked, drained rice to the pan and sauté to coat and toast slightly, then add 400ml cold water, stir to mix then cover and turn the heat to the lowest setting..
- While the rice is cooking cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes then turn, baste with marinade and cook for another few minutes until cooked through and slightly charred..
- The rice is cooked when all the water has been absorbed. Fork through, then serve with the chicken and the peanut sauce. You could add some green beans if you wish, dressed with soy sauce and lemon juice..
The sauce is amazing – you HAVE to try it! Are you seeing what I'm seeing? Delicious chicken tenders, conveniently put on skewers for some easy dipping action and then an amazing satay style peanut. These flavorful chicken skewers are marinated in coconut milk and spices, then grilled and served with a delicious spicy peanut sauce for dipping. Serve with lime wedges and peanut sauce and garnish with cilantro and.