Sticky ‘Ponzu’ Chicken Wings. These Chicken Wings, Winglets or Nibbles are cooked in the Ponzu based sauce which contains a lot of rice vinegar. But the result is not sour. I used to bake these finger licking sticky chicken wings but I am cooking differently these day.
The best party or game day food ever! These Asian wings have the perfect crunch and sticky sweetness – the BEST chicken wings! Sticky Asian Chicken Wings – Crispy, sticky, sweet, savory with the most perfect caramelized glaze. You can have Sticky ‘Ponzu’ Chicken Wings using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sticky ‘Ponzu’ Chicken Wings
- You need 1.2-1.5 kg of Chicken Wings, Winglets or Nibbles.
- Prepare 1 Cup of ‘Ponzu’ *OR Rice Vinegar 1/2 Cup & Soy Sauce 1/2 Cup.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Sugar *can be replaced by your favourite sweetener.
- It’s 2 cloves of Garlic *grated.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Grated Ginger.
Chicken wings are egged and fried in butter, then baked in a tangy sauce of soy sauce, water, sugar, vinegar, garlic powder and salt. This Sticky Hot Chicken Wings recipe has just the right amount of sticky sweet heat and big flavor. Plus a secret to make sure your wings are extra crispy! These low FODMAP sticky Chinese chicken wings are the perfect appetiser to share with your friends.
Sticky ‘Ponzu’ Chicken Wings instructions
- Heat a frying pan or a pot, non-stick preferred, brown the Chicken pieces. This process can be skipped but the result would look a lot better..
- Place 'Ponzu' (or Rice Vinegar and Soy Sauce), Sugar, Garlic and Ginger in a pot or a deep frying pan, bring it to boil..
- Add the browned Chicken pieces into the sauce, cover with the lid and simmer over a medium to low heat for 20 minutes..
- Remove the lid, skim the excess fat, then cook over a high heat until the sauce is almost gone..
- You may wish to top some sliced chilli and green for garnish, then serve hot..
Place the chicken wings in the oven. Tyler Florence makes marinated Asian-style wings with a honey-soy sauce. Rinse chicken wings and pat dry. Place wings in a shallow dish and pour over the soy sauce, ginger, cilantro. Because the wings get a good bit of char, the type of honey you use isn't as important here (it'll lose its subtler nuances).